Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Odds and Ends

As the year winds down, many of us try to finish up projects or prepare for new ones. I happen to be doing both. 

I am having a closet rebuilt to create more storage in my home studio. Plus adding a new set of shelving to the wall next to the closet and a nook below a window to house small canvases. This is all part of a new direction in the studio and getting organized, plus a serious effort to clean out our home and get clutter under control. 

The doorway to an overflowing studio closet. 
That means by early January, I have to clean out a significant portion of the studio to make room for the worker bees. So much stuff.Trash or keep.Tackling it all at once may take days, so I came up with a solution using the one-thing-in, one-thing-out theory of clutter clearing. Every time I go upstairs (where the studio is) I grab something to take back down to the trash. In one day I'm amazed at the progress. 
I'll be ready on time. 

In the meantime, I've also been working on a painting I'm giving to someone special for Christmas. So you only get snippets of it in progress right now. Acrylic on canvas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers and advertisers posts will be ignored, as will any comments that are profane or derogatory in nature.